Potato cakes with cream cheese and smoked salmon
This recipe makes six cakes
- 300 ml grated potato
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs flour
- 100 g cream cheese
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- 100 g smoked salmon or smoked salmon trout
- Squeeze out as much water as you can from the potato and mix with the egg and flour. Add a bit more flour if the mixture is too runny.
- Form patties with your hands and fry them on medium heat in oil for a few minutes. Turn over and fry on the other side, and keep turning until the potato cakes are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble, spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese on each potato cake, top with a piece of smoked salmon, sprinkle over some chopped chives and finish with a grinding of black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Getaway